Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2019

How to tell if something is a scam or fake phishing

we are looking at fake websites and real websites we found out about a tree octopus hoax where there was an endangered species called tree octopuses we were supposed to find three facts about a tree octopus but then we didn't know it was fake so i was surprised when i read one of the facts the tree octopus is a hoax created in 1998 by Lyle zapato

here are some facts to keep you safe online

  1.  if a website has a lock symbol and then https:// it is a secure website.
  2.  if it has a triangle and a exclamation mark inside it is insecure.
  3.  if an email reffers to you as a friend but they don't call you by your real name they are an imposter
  4. make sure there is no spaces in between the https:// 
here is images of a real website

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post