Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

My writing recount-Halswell quarry

Today i finished my recount about how last Friday we went to Halswell quarry for an orienteering trip here is my recount of the story

Have you been to Haswell quarry? Because last week on friday we went to haswell for an orienteering trip. The adult in my group was 
Miss Mclelland.


I felt excited to try and find all of the posts as we walked away from the start of the orienteering course. We walked towards the first post to see what it had on it, it said EH on it so we wrote it on the sheet and then looked at the map to see which way to go, i was curious how hard the rest of it might be. I said to the rest of our group “look there is the next one”, it said SJ on it. It was a hot Friday and I was drained of energy and we were only up to the 13th post. I said “Can I see the map?” “Yes,” replied Miss Mclelland.


Once we were done with the first course we had morning tea.I had a pack of chips and a bar to eat. Once we had finished our morning tea we got ready to do the second course which Miss Jones was taking us not Miss Mclelland. We started walking towards the first post when we found that it had the letters XD, after that we looked at the map and kept on moving.


We had to stop for a drinking fountain a few times because people were thirsty from all the walking we had done. I thought to myself lucky I brought my drink bottle. We stopped for a rest after a while of walking. I said “Miss Mcleod's group are so far ahead of us we probably won’t be able to get back before they do ''. When we finish the second course we sit down to eat our lunches that we brought to the quarry. I ate two sandwiches and two mint chocolate biscuits. I said “this course is so hard as we start the third and final course.

25 minutes later we finish the course, i feel tired and defeated us we finish but at least it is over, i wish i bought a bigger lunch to give me more energy.

2 comments:

  1. sry about it going of the screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. sry about it going of the screen

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post